Monday 9 January 2012

Poster mock ups

In my last post, I uploaded a mock up of a film poster for Hunted. However, I hadn't cut the images of the man and the girl out very well, and I'd only really experimented with one effect on the background. I have now made 6 more mock ups, with my characters cut out properly and with the backgrounds completely different.

1. Black and white background:


I don't like this one, because the girl character doesn't really stand out on it. I like how the stalker stands out in the foreground though, because this is the sinister look that I am trying to achieve.

2. Brightness and Contrast background:



This mock up is quite effective because the colours look sharp and surreal, and the situation she is in is quite surreal. However I'm not sure this would be right for the final poster because the background seems too busy.

3. Cyan and saturation change background:





I drained the image of colour because the background was so busy, but I decided to get a less-boring grey/blue hue to it I would experiment with the cyan hue on the background. I do like this image, because I think that the background works well. However, I don't think that the stalker looks quite right.

4. Hue and Saturation change background:


I drained most of the colour out of the background, and I like the effect it has had. Both characters stand out nicely, but I don't think the title looks very good against this background  because the black seems to harsh.

5. Sepia background:


All I did was change the background to sepia on this image. I don't like this one because I don't think that sepia suits the genre of the film and therefore it would send out the wrong message to my potential audience to use this effect on the poster.

6. Semi-transparent background:

I like this one because the two characters stand out really well against the background, but I think I need to blend it in more, but making the background a little less transparent.




No comments:

Post a Comment