Tuesday 20 December 2011

Film Masthead

This will be my masthead for my film. I have not yet experimented with colour.

How I made this:

I used; Paint.Net and Word.

Rubber Training Knife

Firstly, I used word to type out the word 'HUNTED' using the font 28 days later. I then pasted this into Paint.Net. Using google I found a picture of a knife - it's only a rubber training knife but it's the exact copy of the real thing. I liked it because it was black, and to me, more sinister looking. I also thought that this would look better in synergy with the rest of my masthead. I pasted this into a seperate Paint.Net document, cut it out of it's white background so that it could go over the 'T' in 'HUNTED', and feathered and rotated it. I then pasted this into a new layer in the space left for the 'T' in my masthead. 

I used the select tool to make the knife slightly larger, and then proceeded to change the brightness and contrast to make it more 'grainy' looking - like the font of the rest of the title. I used a black thin paint brush to harshen the horizontal part of the knife, as this had been softened through the feathering and the changing of the contrast. I then saved this as a PNG so that it can be imported over any document.

No comments:

Post a Comment